Many people find natural remedies to be an easy, effective and less expensive alternative to hair growth medications and surgical hair procedures. All of these remedies were natural as they were made from various herbs, plants and roots and neither where they chemically altered or treated in any way before being used. They all belong to time when modern medicine and chemical laboratories never existed; because of their natural origin they also had more advantages like they never had any side effects.
1. Apart from saw palmetto and olive oil, applying aloe vera is also a solution for you, if you want to know how to prevent hair loss. You can either apply raw aloe vera directly on your hair or buy aloe vera gel that is available in the market. You should apply aloe vera gel on your hair and then, wash it off with cold water, followed by a good conditioner.
2. Or massage your scalp with pure coconut oil to help end hair shedding and thinning. Coconut oil penetrates the hair shaft and repairs hair cuticles damaged by excessive sun exposure and over-processing. Pure coconut oil can be purchased in liquid or solid form. Also try coconut shampoo and conditioner once a week to help thinning hair.
3. Garlic oil remedy for hair loss - at bedtime, puncture a couple of garlic pearles, squirt the oil on the scalp, massage, cover with a cap, shampoo and rinse in the morning. Vodka and cayenne remedy for loss - mix one jigger of vodka with a 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (test on skin first for sensitivity) and rub it on the scalp; blood rushes to the hair follicles stimulated by the vodka and cayenne pepper - be careful if you try it. Fingernail buffer for hair loss: strange as it may sound - three times a day or so, for about five minutes, buff your right fingernails with the fingernails of your left hand; this is supposed to stop hair loss, encourage hair growth and prevent hair from graying.
4. All types of exercise step-up in increase blood circulation to all parts of the body, including the scalp. As the blood circulation improves in the cells in hair follicles it will maintain their health and stimulate hair production. Yoga to had various benefits as it is known to promote in inner wellness of human body resulting in the optimum functioning of all the organs and a better overall health.
5. Just like our body needs essential nutrients to stay healthy, so does our hair. Therefore, having a balanced diet is the best way of eliminating the problem of hair loss. Some of the essential foods that you should have to restore lost hair include potatoes, beans, raisins, eggs, seafood, bean sprouts, etc. People must also see to it that their diet provides them with the necessary vitamins and minerals which can be received from the intake of foods like vegetables, grains, fruits, nuts, etc. If you think that your diet is not able to give you the required nutrients, taking additional multivitamin supplements will also be helpful.
6. Take vitamins and supplements known to promote hair regrowth. Because vitamin deficiencies and poor nutrition often lead to hair loss, it's important that you maintain good nutrition to regrow hair and prevent hair from falling out. Take at least 150 mg of vitamin B complex, 3,000 mg of vitamin C and 50 mg of zinc daily. You should also take ginkgo biloba, saw palmetto and horsetail.
7. Olive oil and rosemary remedy for hair loss - use equal amounts of olive oil and oil of rosemary; combine them in a bottle, shake vigorously, massage into the scalp, put on a cap and shampoo in the morning. Apple cider vinegar used as a hair rinse may stimulate hair growth. Polygonum Multiflorum is a traditional Chinese cure for hair loss; whether the plant itself is useful, the general safety and quality control of herbs imported from China can be questionable.
8. Many herbs are recommended for this, one may use Rosemary, Sage, Nettle, Neem leaves and Burdock. One has to arrange all these plants while they are still fresh i.e. not in dried form, and then take 100gm of all the leaves and add water to it. Then boil it for 10 -15 minutes and filter the solution. This solution can then be cooled and used to wash your hair every day. The solution can be stored for a week's time then it loses its effect.