In men, male-pattern baldness can begin as early as the mid-teens. Heredity, androgen hormones and aging are the known culprits, although it's not yet known precisely how androgenic hormones affect hair follicles in producing hair loss. Nevertheless, the majority of males will be partly or fully bald by age 60. Hair is a serious matter whether we have it, or we are losing it. Western society puts a lot of emphasis on being bodily thin, but when it comes to our hair, thin is not the word we want to hear!
So what can we do to bring back those youthful looking hair days? Well you may be able to promote hair re-growth in a natural way by changing your diet and exercise routines.
1. Stay away from harsh chemicals - permanent hair color and perms are the most damaging - and avoid coloring your hair more than once every six to eight weeks.
2. Avoid excessive shampooing--once daily is usually sufficient, using a mild, unmedicated, nonalkaline shampoo (organic ingredients, whenever possible). All bathing or showering strips from your skin the oil which traps water and keeps your skin moist, so avoid harsh soaps, especially those containing deodorant. Also avoid astringents, unless you have oily skin, in which case you can wash/shampoo more often.
3. A shortfall in VITAMIN B may cause dandruff, falling hair, loss of colour and could encourage grey hair. So B group Vitamins are essential for gloss, colour and thickness.
4. Take care of your health. Chronic illness, high fevers and infections can contribute to hair loss.
5. Avoid excessive mental labor, as well as mental stress, both of which reduce scalp circulation by constricting blood vessels. Meditation and mental visualization and relaxation techniques are helpful.
6. Eat a sufficient amount of protein. Including lean meats, fish, poultry, eggs, dairy products, soy, nuts, seeds and grains is essential for the body to build new cells, including hair. Carbohydrates provide energy for activity and help in the growth of body tissues, including hair falling. They are a major source of the B vitamins that are so vital to healthy hair. This is one of the best hair loss treatment.
7. Apple-cider vinegar, applied as a rinse, is another folk remedy for dandruff: heat only slightly, pour on, and let it 'set' for an hour on a towel-draped head, before shampooing.
8. ZINC helps prevent hair loss and greying. Eat adequate zinc rich foods. Overweight people tend to have zinc deficiency, which is inversely related to the body mass index. Thus if you are overweight and if your hair falls too much, you may want to increase your intake of zinc containing foods.
9. Do exercise regularly. Regular exercise stimulates the circulatory system, encouraging a healthy blood supply to all cells, nourishing and helping in hair regeneration and repair. Be calm and de-stress yourself with yoga. It will maintain your stress level.