Truth is, hair loss is usually an end result of a previous event in your recent past. Women who are pregnant or have just recently given birth, are susceptible to excessive hair loss. Losing some strands of hair is natural and inevitable and should not cause any alarm, but will have you looking for the best hair loss remedies.
1. In order to grow your hair faster, you need to take a healthy diet. A diet which has the right balance of all the essential nutrients. Your diet should mainly comprise of vegetables, fruits, dairy products, lean meats, fish and fiber-rich whole grains. Also, drink two to three liters of water every day.
2. Consider the factors that may be contributing to hair loss. Age (50+) is one factor; heavy metal toxicity, stress, and pharmaceutical drugs are other causes of thinning hair. Could any of these apply to you?
3. Some people suffering from alopecia also recommend massaging scalp with essential oils, as this can be one of the best hair loss remedies.
When you massage your scalp with essential oils, any dirt that blocks your spores will be removed thus allowing your hair to grow without any blockage. The essential oil also keeps your scalp healthy. Although this is not guaranteed to be affective for everyone, it's always worth a try. Rosemary leaves are one of the most popular home remedies when it comes to hair regrowth. All you need to do is to boil the rosemary leaves in water and then drain the liquid solution into some sort of container. You can then use the solution to wash your hair while you take a bath. Some folks also keep the solution in a spray container and spray it when they wake up in the morning.
4. Jojoba - great for treating seborrhea, eczema, psoriasis, or dandruff. Jojoba (pronounced ho-ho-ba) oil has been used for centuries by Mexicans and Southwestern Native American nations to promote hair growth and the control of dandruff. It's a great moisturizer and mimics the scalp's own sebum. It absorbs readily into the scalp and helps remove deposits of sebum from the hair follicles, neutralizes acidity, and nourishes the scalp with all the B vitamins, vitamin E, silicon, copper, zinc, chromium, and iodine.
5. Researches have shown that including proteins in the diet, makes the hair healthy and thicker. If the hair is healthy, it will be lesser prone to damage and thus, more likely to grow longer. So, one of the fastest way to grow your hair is by eating protein rich foods such as eggs, beans, whole grains, oatmeal, chicken, cheese, yogurt, tofu, broccoli, salmon, tuna, lettuce, potatoes, asparagus, on a daily basis.
6. Find alternatives to cholesterol-lowering drugs or high blood pressure medicines if yours are causing hair loss. Antithyroid agents and antidepressants may also cause premature hair loss.
7. Aloe Vera - used by Native Americans, Indians and many in the Caribbean to promote healthy hair and prevent hair loss. It can help the scalp by healing it and balancing the pH level while cleansing the pores. A common preparation of Aloe Vera gel with a small amount of wheat germ oil and coconut milk is used as a shampoo and has traditionally shown great benefit.