In fact, nearly half of all middle aged women will experience some degree of hair loss. Menopause can cause changes in a woman's body which can cause her to shed hair in clumps. A lot of people spend a fortune on a variety of hair regrowth products. Some of them work better than others and it's probably dependent on the person using it and how his body responds to theses products. Nonetheless, those who have no intentions of digging into their pockets shouldn't lose all hope.
1. A good massage of the scalp promotes blood circulation in the area and thus more nutrients are supplied to the hair roots. Moreover, the dead skin cells that block the scalp pores are eliminated. Thus, the rate of hair growth increases. Move the tips of your fingers all over the scalp in gentle circular motions for at least five minutes daily.
2. Eating a diet that is rich in protein (lean meat) and getting enough iron so that you don't become anemic is essential for healthy hair and will also help prevent hair loss. Altmedicine.about.com recommends eating the skins of cucumbers, red and green peppers and potatoes because the skins are rich in silica, a mineral that is crucial in maintaining your hair and the health of your hair.
3. Olive oil is probably one of the most effective home remedies when it comes to regrowing lost hair. This has also become very popular because of its accessibility; most homes will have a bottle of olive oil in the kitchen. If not, you can drop by any grocery or convenience store and purchase a small bottle. Not only does olive oil improve the scalp's overall condition, but it also has the ability to reduce hair loss. After washing your hair, apply a couple of drops on your scalp and immediately, you will be able to see the difference.
4. Biotin is one of the most important and effective vitamins for treating and stopping alopecia problems. Biotin is required by your body to build strong and healthy hair. Foods like eggs, cereals and brewer's yeast as well malt made foods are good sources of biotin. Alternatively, you can also take a good nutrition supplement that contains biotin.
5. Dirt and debris on the scalp surface often blocks skin pores on the scalp and is responsible for slowing down of the hair growth process. The best way to regrow hair naturally is by cleansing the scalp regularly with a good quality organic shampoo. Those shampoos that have aloe vera and mint are suitable for growth of healthy hair fast.
6. Not only are essential oils integral ingredients in bath salts and lotions, as well as for aromatherapy purposes, they also have therapeutic value and are believed to enhance hair growth. one natural treatment for alopecia (hair loss) consists of mixing essential oil of thyme, lavender and cedarwood (three drops each) with one-eighth cup of grapeseed oil and then apply a couple of drops to your hair and scalp, particularly the thinning and balding areas, and massage for a few minutes. Do this every night and in a few months time you should see some improvement in your hair's volume.
7. One home remedy that does seem to be effective for a lot of people is the use of red henna. You can smear the red henna on your scalp and then massage it for fifteen to twenty minutes. Before washing it off, leave it on for an hour or two to maximize its effect. Don't worry if your hair turns red; you can easily wash it off once you get in the shower.