The loss of hair may not be a physical health problem but it definitely affects the individual mentally. If he cannot reconcile to the erosion in his aesthetic value he/she could find it extremely difficult to emotionally cope with hair loss. For centuries, Native Americans and the Chinese, have each, make a concoction of a blend of the above herbs, to help in treating many hair problems and manage to restore them without any side effects.
1. Take a good sleep. Enough rest and sleep helps your hair grow. Body functions well if there is a good amount of sleep. Remember that hair is an essential part of our body too that is mainly affected by the body's general functioning also. If you are stressed, have a break then relax and release the tension. Too much stress is not good for the body too. Hair grows continuously especially when the body is in good condition and at rest.
2. (Castor oil is a sticky, heavy substance, so apply it in moderation.) Massaging the scalp with almond oil can promote hair growth and prevent hair loss, too. One of the commonest hair growth remedies on the Indian subcontinent is to boil a cup of mustard oil with four tbsp. of dried or fresh henna leaves. This mixture is then filtered into a bottle and used for a daily scalp massage. This remains one of the most trusted methods to stimulate the hair follicles into growing.
3. Most soaps and shampoos have chemicals, so use amla as a substitute. Avoid sulfates, parabens, unfamiliar compounds, and silicones. How do you know your shampoo contains these things? If any words in the ingredient listing end in glycol, 'cone', or 'ben'---you've got them and they are not only bad for your hair, but also bad for your health. Stay away. Shampoo with amla and massage your scalp with castor oil. Both are wonderful for increased hair growth.
4. The nicotinic acid form of vitamin B3, which is applied to the scalp, may help to improve blood circulation to the scalp (and may help stop the loss of hair) - you must have live hair follicles present. The suggested dose has been about 35 mg. of nicotinic acid daily.
Vitamin B5 deficiency causes hair loss in animals but hasn't been proven in humans.
5. For healthy hair and reduction of split ends, get your hair trimmed every couple of months. This also promotes faster growth. Include plenty of green vegetables in your daily meals and avoid tobacco and alcohol. Wash your hair no more than two or three times a week and do not use too many styling products, as these can rob the hair of its vital natural oils.
6. If you can't afford to purchase all the ingredients necessary to make agreat hair growth tonic or don't have the time to mix your own batch of coconut, castor, amla, lemon juice, and fenugreek, you can also purchase Beauty 4 Ashes Christian Health & Beauty's Super Gro Shampoo.
7. Copper can help stimulate hair growth if a copper deficiency is present and is involved in the prevention and possibly treatment of hair loss. Too much copper can actually cause hair loss. I have wondered whether the copper bracelets that used to be in vogue and may still be, for arthritis, would be worth a try.